Monday, March 14, 2011

The Essence of Love

LOVE: a four letter word that no other words can truly describe. As a child you dream about what love would feel like, as a teenager you finally experience it, and as an adult you hope to master it... or do you? Love is like a light in a dark room, a cool breeze in the middle of June, like a real-life version of “Twilight - New Moon.” God is love so you think it would come naturally, but we are human so of course we would corrupt love’s purity. Tyler Perry asked, “Why Did I Get Married?” It's a good question to ask because love isn't what it used to be. But a part of me refuses to give up on love... there is hope, right? There has to be! People will cheat and people will lie, but true love is still alive. Jesus showed it best when He gave His life. If we can follow this principle, I think we'd all be alright. I know today's blog may seem a little cliché, but love can be corny sometimes. I leave you with this... 1 Corinthians 13:4-7 (NIV): “Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.”

Why does love have to be so complicated?
Why is love so complicated?
No one really knows
But it's the one feeling that makes you lose complete control
You stutter your speech and get weak in the knees
Your pulse races and your heart tends to skip a few beats
Your eyes water and you can barely breathe
Butterflies in your stomach, making you feel sick and kinda queasy
Sometimes you feel as if time has slowed down
You’re moving in slow motion
But life is happening right now
It's like being high... naturally
And being in ecstasy
Love, I know you are contagious
So please infect me... I want to be in love

1 comment:

  1. I know right I'm still trying to let it in its hard when I been hurt before ..I miss ur writings n poems miss how u make me think n reflect on life n other things...

    ReplyDelete