Wednesday, March 2, 2011

WWJP (Who's Wendell Jean-Pierre?)

Who's Wendell Jean-Pierre? You know, it's hard being me sometimes. Listening to everyone and their problems, being the life of the party, being the shoulder to lean on, being Wendell: A friend, a brother, a son, a mentor, a leader, an example, etc. etc. But when do I get to be me and live my life? When do I get to be a person, a man? If I wasn't "Wendell," who would I be? Could I be just a regular guy? Could I stop being a problem-solver? Could I stop pushing my problems aside to help someone else? As I began to ask myself these questions and search for the answers, I came to the realization that this is me! I am a brother, a mentor, a friend, a son, the life of the party, the guy who's always trying to make people laugh, the encourager, the romantic, the artist, the poet, the writer --- that's who Wendell Jean-Pierre is! I was born to be selfless and not selfish. I was born to be that shoulder to cry on. I was born to be a leader and have an impact on generations. I was born to be me. I am Wendell Jean-Pierre, and now you know the answer to WWJP.
Blink, blink... my eyes begin to blink as I sit here and think
I am lost within myself trying to relinquish my thoughts
Where am I? Where do I want to be? Who am I?
Could this be a dream, or am I living in reality?
What is true? What is false?
Am I living life, or is this my routine?
BAM!!!!! I am snapped back into reality
Life is what you make, so it's your choice to live it or fake it
Life will not define me... I will define life

1 comment: